Sunday, September 5, 2010

Journal #2

The text I chose for my persona essay is the essay I used for admission into the U of A. My essay was about an incident that happened to me and one of my best friends during our freshman year in high school. This experience changed who I was as a person and a friend and helped shape the person that I am today. I rarely share this story with anyone as it is something a close friend confided in me and asked me not to tell anyone. Also looking back at it I feel like there were certain things I should have done to help out my friend.
I would compare my text to Hampl's text because of the fact that I changed certain things about the story and left certain parts out. Also similar to Hampl's text there are certain parts of our friendship that stick out the most to me, mostly being how our friendship ended. I wish I could remember our good memories together a little better but the way our friendship ended will definitely be something I'll never forget. At least at the current time I am able to say that we have recently become friends again but that certain occurrence will always be something that hindered our friendship.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote my college essay on something similar to yours! I got into a car accident my sophomore year of high school and it changed me as a person and I can imagine that what ever your experience was changed you just as well. I like how you bring up the friendship aspect in Hampl's text because that is something a lot of us haven't noticed from it. Your essay (text) will be really good to analyze since it was something that you obviously still cant forget about today. Experiences like that have a lot of memories and emotions that are unforgettable, easy for you to write about. I hope it comes easy to you just as it did for me. good luck!

    ReplyDelete